The results of Gallup’s 2011 Values and Beliefs survey which were released this week, reveal that 49 percent of the population describe themselves as “pro-choice” while 45 percent consider themselves “pro-life.” The survey also revealed that:
- 53 percent of the 18 to 34-year-old age group believes that abortion is morally wrong.
- Only 31 percent of the 18 to 34 age group believe that abortion should be legal under any circumstance.
- Just over half of all age groups (51%), believe that abortion is morally wrong.
- 39 percent say that abortion is “morally acceptable.”
- The most popular view among Americans (50%), is that “abortion should be legal under certain circumstances.”
- 27 percent of Americans want abortion legal in all cases and 22 percent want it illegal in all cases.