Some techniques from Cook's Country below that help get crisper oven wings.
- 4pounds chicken wings, halved at joints, wingtips discarded
- 2tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4teaspoon salt
(and whatever wing sauce you choose to finish)
- 1. Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 250 degrees. Set wire rack in aluminum foil–lined rimmed baking sheet. Pat wings dry with paper towels and transfer to 1-gallon zipper-lock bag. Combine baking powder and salt, add to wings, seal bag, and toss to evenly coat.2. Arrange wings, skin side up, in single layer on prepared wire rack. Bake wings on lower-middle oven rack for 30 minutes. Move wings to upper-middle rack, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees, and roast until wings are golden brown and crispy, 40 to 50 minutes longer, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Remove sheet from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer wings to bowl with wing sauce of your choice, toss to coat, and serve.
- Classic Buffalo sauce is made with Frank’s RedHot Sauce.
- 1/2cup hot sauce
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4tablespoon molasses