Monday, March 10, 2008

Easter Sermon

(originally posted at wasecachurch.org)


If you are reading this, I want you to stop and think for 10 seconds about who you are going to invite to First Congregational Church of Waseca (or your church) for Easter. I'm serious. Start thinking. Who do you know who is far from God? Invite them. Do you know someone looking for a church home? Offer them a ride. Is there someone new to town? Invite them to church and lunch afterwards.

I'm working hard on my sermon for Easter. I have actually been working on it for a couple of weeks now. I have listened to at least 15 hours worth of other Easter sermons in the past 3 weeks just to get me in the right mindset. I have to tell you, it is getting me excited! I can hardly wait for Easter to be here! No, that's not because I'm a Cadbury's Eggs addict.

There are no secrets about my Easter sermon. I'm preaching Jesus, the resurrected Christ. I will bring Him glory and make His name known.

I'm praying for God to work in and through First Congregational Church, and I challenge you to do the same.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: