Sunday, October 01, 2006

I was a doubter...Minnesota Twins!!!



Today the Minnesota Twins defeated the Chicago White Sox, and the Kansas City Royals defeated the Detroit Tigers clinching the American League Central Division Title for the Twins.

The last week of May I had a conversation with a co-worker, where I stated I didn't believe the Twins had a shot at making the playoffs, let alone winning the division title. They were something like 12.5 games behind the Tigers, and 6 behind the White Sox who were playing very well. From that time the Twins went on a tear and won 71 of their next 104 games. WOW!

Congratulations to the Twins and to Joe Mauer who also won the American League batting title.


Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Douglas said...

It says here that the Tigers get exposed against the Yankees. I don't know enough about the A's to opine.

Chris Meirose said...

Doug,
I've been swamped with work, and didnt' get a chance to respond, but clearly the Twins didn't have it working in the post-season. The A's swept them out off the playoffs. The good news is that the Yankees lost too.

Big Chris