Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I love the snow...


I love the snow...just not today. I love snow because it reminds me of God's glory. Each flake falling from the sky in its individual form is a miracle. Watching heavy snow fall is very soothing, especially in the city. The snow absorbs all the sounds, makes the city somewhat quiet for a time. It also makes the city clean. Cities are generally ugly and dirty in my experience. The stale concrete, the trash on the side of the road, the smells and noise - they are like our sin. We are filthy. Even when we clean up or cover up, we still smell. The snow makes that look pure, clean, as we look to God if we have accepted Christ as our Savior.

Today it is snowing in Arden Hills, MN. It is not snowing hard, just a few flakes here and there. But it nonetheless reminds me of the grace that falls down on me. I cannot make it snow, and I cannot make the grace that I need, both are beyond me. And I am thankful for both, though not yet ready for the snow.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Frank Martens said...

I'm going to have a hard time getting used to this MN weather. Tucson was such a spoil for the last 8 yrs. I'm so not looking forward to this :)

Chris Meirose said...

Well at least in Tucson you lived close to somewhere you could drive to and see/experience snow. Think of people moving from New Orleans and such places who have never seen snow! We have people at the seminary (Bethel) who will have experienced/seen snow this week for the first time. Are you attending Bethlehem now?

Big Chris

Frank Martens said...

Yea... I pitty the foo's. Welll they aren't fools, but I just wanted to say that.

Uhm yea, going to Bethlehem. :)

Chris Meirose said...

Our mailman just walked by the house, and found myself thinking there sure must be a lot of requests for transfers to Southern states this time of year!

Big Chris