Monday, January 10, 2005

It's all Greek to me..

I am now on my second go around in trying to learn Biblical Greek. I don't think the second time is any easier than was the first. I do think this go around will be more fruitful though, and certainly more fun. It's amazing how much we can grow in just a few short years, even as adults.

I have a T-Mobile Cell phone and the reception is garbage where I live. You would think after the 7 calls to customer service they might get the idea that I'm not joking. You would think the fact that at any given time there are 3000ish people on campus in a given week might get them to take corrective action. You would think living at one of the busiest traffic areas of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area would afford us good coverage. You might think that, but you would be wrong. I could renew my contract with them and get a new phone etc. but why do so with such poor service (both reception and customer).

The Vikings beat the Packers today in a fantastic NFL playoff game. It was a delight to watch the greatly out numbered Packer fans squirm in their seats in the Champp's we were in while watching the game. I am a Lions fan at heart, but will cheer for the Vikings most Sundays.

The Seattle SuperSonics won agian tonight, defeating the Miami Heat in the NBA. Danny Fortson was very effective in neutralizing Shaq and Vlade Radmanovich on fire, especially in the 4th quarter.

I am getting married in 2005. I expect that we will get married at Wayzata Evangelical Free Church. Today we went to Wooddale church in Eden Prairie and took the Prepared test to see what things we might need to discuss and work through. It should be interesting to see what the results are next week. We need to pick a date soon, so that we can start to make arrangements and the like. It's going to be a great year.





No comments: