Thursday, January 20, 2005

Inauguration and misc. thoughts

The love of my life has safely arrived in Washington DC for the 2005 Inaugaration and susequent celebrations. Weather in Chicago led to a re-routing of her flight, and the resultant and inevitable "your luggage is on another plane..." She'll get it later tonight when it arrives in DC. I wish I was there, as it would be cool to see the inauguration. I think it would be equally as interesting to see the protesters who may show up tomorrow.

I am currently in a class on Christian Social Ethics. I am constantly amazed by the positions that some people who call themselves Christians hold, and this comes from both ends of the spectrum of the uber-conservative and the whiney-liberals. I stake no claim as the final authority in this realm, but I do think that the Bible is pretty clear on things we should believe and ways we should behave within that context. Someday when I am no longer contrained by my Seminary training I would like to spend more time examining this and come up with a plan that I would hope to impliment in any church I work in to find a Bible driven balance. And I'm not talking about something wishy-washy, but something that people can be held accountable to.

I just watched the T-wolves loose another game. They are playing their worst basketball since KG's rookie season. If the season ended today, the T-wolves would not be in the playoffs. The fact that KG has taken this all fairly well is pretty surprizing. I've expected him to blow up on somebody on quite a number of occasions. I'm actually using a reference to Kevin Garnett this weekend in a sermon I am preaching at my church on 2 Timothy 3:16-17. I'm looking forward to Friday when they play my favorite team the Seattle Supersonics.


No comments: