Monday, February 21, 2005

Andromeda and hoping for a new job

I have been slowly building a collection of the Sci-fi series Andromeda. The series is written by Gene Roddenberry, who also wrote the original Star Treks. I love this series. I have only been able to catch a show here and there over the past few years, but now that I am able to see more of them and see the character development and story lines I am very impressed with the depth. I had been previously impressed, but nowhere near this level. I don't suppose this is a series of DVD's I'll watch all too frequently, but every year or so they will make a fantastic watch.

I have an application in at the school for a job which would be an enormous blessing. I need to get together my cover letter and tidy up my resume. I believe I have a good shot at the position, but will be in prayer for it. I have discussed it with my fiancee, and we both think that it would be the best possible scenereo. We've been trying to figure out where to live once we are married, and the other detail that go along with that, and this job (IF I get it) would help sort a lot of those for us. I'm excited at the opportunity, and would love to be an employee of Bethel. I guess technically I am an employee of Bethel, in that I am a Teaching Assistant for the preaching department of the Seminary.

I have been bogged down writing papers lately. I am always amazed at how prolific some bloggers are. I don't know how they find the time. Perhaps I'm just busier than average. Perhaps getting every thought and moment of my life archived is less important to me than actually living said life.

Sunday I ate at Uno's Pizzeria in Edina near the Galleria. This was the third or fouth time I've eaten there, and every time I leave wondering if there is a better pizza anywhere on the planet. My mouth says no, but I'll reserve final judgment until I get to Chicago and can sample a few other fine pizza's. I think the key is the pastry-like crust, but there is something else beyond that that I am not sure I can identify. Whatever it is, it's incredibly yummy (technical term) and undoubtedly not good for you. Both are the key components to a good pizza. I've had Sven and Ole's, Pizza Luce's, Cosetta's, various wood roasted piazzas and my mouth is always wanting Uno's. It's worth the drive. It's not cheap, but it's soo worth it!

MrCLM

1 comment:

DLW said...

I have a blogging habit that I indulge in because I consider it to be my main form of ministry.

I was told by a fellow sem student today that his brother-in-law who is not a Christian and is turned off by the religious right has been reading my blog lately and enjoying it a lot. We might meet, actually. And so it seems my ministry thing is having some effect.

I responded to your last comment over at my blog.

dlw