Monday, February 28, 2005

Wedding plans and whatever else comes to mind

I spent today with my special lady (Banana) looking at things and places for wedding receptions. We drove to every possible place near Lake Minnetonka, and a few others in the Wayzata area. We visited with DJ's, floral people, place setting people and tons other. I did get some really tasty cake, which was a nice bonus. While there is a ton of choices to make, I feel pretty good about the whole process. Banana on the other hand is starting to sweat the details. I think I complicated the process by sharing that some of my relatives are struggling with the time of year we have tenatively set for our wedding (between Christmas and New Years 05) because of weather related travel issues that time of the year. I think we can make it work, but we're going to be doing a good bit of praying for great winter weather that week.

It is absolutely astounding the costs associated with a wedding. I fully believe that weddings are a once-in-a-life experience, but man are they costly. What a racket the wedding industry has set up for themselves. I think if Satan were in buisness in the USA, he probably runs a facility rental and catering service.....

I've been doing a lot of reading on Hudson Taylor lately, for a paper I will be writing over the next few weeks. What an astounding man of faith. His legacy is in China Inland Mission (now known as O.M.F), but the thing that impresses me the most was his dependance on God.

No comments: