From Practical Shepherding:
Here are 10 additional questions that husbands can and should be
asking their wives if they desire to study, learn, and understand how to
best love and care for them. You will notice some are more specific
for a pastor and his wife.
- What can I do to make you feel loved and appreciated by me?
- What can I do to make you feel like I enjoy being with you more than anyone else?
- What are some things I can do to encourage you, spiritually?
- What can I do to help relieve the stress of life responsibilities?
- How can I best serve you in dealing with our children?
- What can I do to heighten your desire for physical intimacy?
- What can I do to make you feel our family is the priority over ministry?
- What can I do to help you grow in a love to serve our church?
- What kinds of moments when our family is together do you cherish the most?
- What do you love most about serving in ministry together? Greatest challenge?
Husbands and pastors, I hope these questions provoke much helpful and
fruitful discussions that will lead you to a greater love and enjoyment
of the wife of your youth as well as to equip you to love her in such a
way that she feels loved and care for.