Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Mark and Grace Driscoll - Real Marriage

Looking forward to getting a review copy of Mark and Grace Driscoll's new book Real Marriage. Below is a promo featuring Mark Driscoll (Pastor of Mars Hill Church, Seattle, WA) giving a bit of background on the book and the tour they'll be doing related to the book.
Real Marriage & The Truth About Sex, Friendship and Life Together by Pastor Mark Driscoll and his wife Grace will be an event that will encourage, enlighten, and equip you in your romantic relationship whether you are married or single. Learn how Pastor Mark and Grace have navigated their marital journey through biblical teaching and humor.

Marriage is a wonderful gift, but it takes work, growth in Christ and patience to love the other more than ourselves. Single individuals will be ahead of the curve after hearing these truths that will transform their dating life and shape their future marriage.

Pastor Mark will be addressing key issues like these:
  • Tough and good lessons learned from Mark and Grace’s story.
  • Dating – keys to success and failure.
  • Married people, guess what, you are supposed to ‘date your spouse’.
  • Friendship in marriage – it is a simple idea, but often difficult to maintain.
  • Taking out the Trash – You will have to attend to learn how.
  • Sex as god, gross or gift?
  • Can We __________?

4 comments:

Brenton Balvin said...

If you get two I'll gladly take one!

Chris Meirose said...

I might buy you a copy down the road if I like it enough. But unfortunately on this one I don't get a duplicate that I am aware of.

Anonymous said...

Read Tim Challies reviews "The Driscolls and Real Marriage" and "Real Marriage: Can We _______?" I would not waste my money on this book. I never want to hear Mark Driscoll's name again. He needs to disappear.

Chris Meirose said...

I have read Challies review. And I have read the book. I posted my review of it tonight. Have you read the book yet there my anonymous commenter? What's your bone to pick with Driscoll? Drive by commenter I'm guessing.