Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sermon - Ephesians 5:21-33 - Intro to Fireproof and The Love Dare

My sermon from today based on Ephesians 5:21-33 plus the movie Fireproof and the book The Love Dare is now posted on WasecaChurch.org (Direct Link).

Here's a teaser:

Men, imagine what would happen if your wife sat you down at a table tomorrow and said, “Honey, I’ve been making some demands of you, and I’m giving those up. I’m lining up under you. I’m giving up my rights to expect you to be who I think you should be.”

Women, imagine what would happen if your husband sat you down at a table tomorrow and said, “Babe, I know there are some things you’ve needed from me and I haven’t been willing to line up with them. I’m sorry I’ve been selfish, but starting today, I’m going to do my best to meet your needs, as I understand them.”

For some of us, there would be a quiet revolution of joy, which is how marriage was designed in the first place.


I heard some good conversations after church related to this sermon, and am looking forward to the work God will be doing in and through our congregation in the weeks to come.

No comments: