Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A thanks to Brenton Balvin

I just wanted to publicly thank Brenton Balvin for filling in as preacher at First Congregational Church of Waseca on June 22nd, 2008. Brenton preached a message called "The Sanctifying Purpose of Marriage" and knocked it out of the park. The people of my church soaked up his good words from the Word. I told them that he was better than me. I wanted to leave my church in good hands, with a man I trust, and Brenton admirably fit that bill. If you are ever in need of someone to fill pulpit supply, I highly recommend Brenton. He can bring it, he is gifted. (But I got dibs on him first!)

3 comments:

Brenton Balvin said...

Chris, you didn't need to post such kind words, but I appreciate it. Thanks for giving me the chance. And thanks for the book - I'm trying to read just one argument at a time. What a voluminous work!

Chris Meirose said...

Brother Brenton,
You are worthy of the praise. I'm still getting compliments on my wisdom in choosing you to fill pulpit. Now if they fire me and hire you maybe it wasn't wisdom...

I'm glad you are enjoying the book. You can see why I wasn't able to read it all the way through. I read part ways into the answers section, then picked sections I was specifically interested in. I figured I can always go back to the ones I haven't yet read when those issues arise. I suspect I read 40% of the book, then thumbed through another 20-25% with a bit of reading, and then just glanced at the rest.

Brenton Balvin said...

Chris, I'm open to the dates you emailed me about in August. Just let me know.