Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Learning from Dr. John Piper

This afternoon over lunch I have the opportunity to sit at Dr. John Piper's feet at Bethlehem Baptist Church and learn from him (along with a few other local pastors). I am really looking forward to it. This is a service provided by the Fidelis Foundation to some local pastors, and I am greatly appreciative of it. We get together roughly quarterly for lunch and discuss things related to Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. This is where I first heard Dr. Wayne Grudem speak as well.

I expect it will be a fairly intimate setting today, though there likely will be a lot more pastors in attendance than usually are. I've seen Dr. Piper preach a good number of times, but it always came in the context of his church, so it was me and a thousand or so other people, and in that setting I feel some of the nuances are lost. Today I will get to see his passion up close for the first time, and that is very interesting to me. He is undoubtedly a very passionate man of God. I pray that I too may grow to be this passionate about the local church and God's Word.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: