Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Holy Discontent: Fueling the Fire That Ignites Personal Vision by Bill Hybels


Last August at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit Bill Hybels presented on what he called "Holy Discontent". It resonated. Deeply. Leaders the world over began adding this to their thoughts and vocabulary. I know it made a big impact on me, and nearly a year later there isn't a week that goes by that it doesn't cross my mind. That is powerful if you ask me, that level of impact on my life from a 40 or so minute speaking session. So with that as the back drop, Hybels has written a new book (not yet released) on this very subject. It is called Holy Discontent: Fueling the Fire That Ignites Personal Vision and will be shipping late next month it appears. To go along with it, there is also Living and Leading from Your Holy Discontent: A Companion Guide for Ministry Leaders. I've added it to my summer reading list and suggest you do as well. I haven't seen it get much press (yet) but it will. Come August, following the Leadership Summit '07, this book will be going like a wild fire, and I suspect rightfully so.

For the record, I don't care if you do or don't like Hybels, his church, mega-churches or anything of that sort. This book and it's subject transcend all of that. If you are a leader in a ministry, or a potential leader you will want to get your hands on this book.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: