Sunday, August 06, 2006

A great weekend...

My wife and I spent all day Saturday at Valley Fair amusement park in Shakopee, MN with a friend of ours. My wife and I had gone once previously two summers ago while we were still dating. I really enjoyed the park. We spent 8 hours in the park, primarily in the water park portion, but at times venturing out to ride rollercoasters and other assorted things. I doubt I will ever get my wife on Mad Mouse again.

We followed up our day in the sun with a trip into Minneapolis to Carne Asada for supper. Carne Asada is a no non-sense authentic Mexican restaurant. Good food quick. Located at Chicago and Lake Street (SE corner, phone 612-821-8388). I had three really good Carnitas Enchaladas.

Then today, we went and visited the church who's pastor I met with on Thursday of this week. The service was very good. Very nice sermon, and excellent worship. The pastor preached out of Nehemiah and was talking about leadership. For those who don't follow this blog closely, I am working on an M.Div in Transformational Leadership and these Nehemiah passages are ones we have turned to frequently in my studies of Biblical Leadership models. The people of the church were warm and friendly, and we were able to talk with a couple of them for quite a while after the service. I REALLY think I would fit in with this church, and am praying that this is God's plan for my life.


Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Frank Martens said...

Dude....

I so miss Valley Fair, we'd go there once or twice a summer, every summer while I was a kid (it was pretty much tradition).