Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Old photos of my childhood...

This morning rather than working on papers that are severely over due, I spent a couple of hours scanning in some photos that will be used in our wedding next week. This couldn't be put off any longer, or I risked not getting them to the guy who is putting together the powerpoint for us in time for them to be included.

To the right is a photo of me at what I would guess as 8 months. My mother had just cut off all her hair, previously it was down to near her belt line. It's amazing how young my parents look (yes, they WERE very young by today's standard). I'm glad fashion has changed from 1975!










This photo is both sets of my grandparents, my parents, and me of course. Aldon and Barb Meirose on the left, James and Carol Murray on the right. This photo was taken in my Meirose grandparent's living room. The fashion is so Hawaii 5-O















Grandpa and Grandma Murray, Grandpa holding me, Grandma holding my cousin Sara Goodroad. We're the same age, but you can tell even then I was a LOT bigger. Still true today. My grandmother died of breast cancer in 1988.


















Grandpa and Grandma Meirose, and Aunt Lori Hevern (Meirose) and Tigger? the dog. I suspect this photo was taken in Forrest City, Iowa, but I'm not sure.

1 comment:

KS said...

Good grief, for a moment I thought I was looking at my parents pictures. Those hair-dos are so familiar and the aged photos too.