Friday, August 05, 2005

Indulging in expensive and decadent cheesecake...

Last night I had the pleasure of eating at Cafe Latte on Grand in St. Paul with Banana, her parents, her younger brother and his wife. I have been to Cafe Latte a handful of times in the past 3 years. Every time I go I am amazed at the quality of desserts they create. Banana isn't as adventurous as I am in this area, and she always goes with the Turtle Cake, which is a huge gooey chocolate cake with lots of carmel and pecans. It's one of her all time favorite desserts. Last night I tried something new, and had a piece of cookies and cream cheesecake. I actually got my piece to go, as I was pretty full from a sandwich and scone I had earlier. It was one of the two or three best cheesecakes I have ever had. In fact it might rank in the top 5 or 6 desserts of my life, and that is really saying something. I normally am not a dessert person, as I am not real big on sweets (other than Mt. Dew). If I do go for desserts, I tend to go for heavy cheesecakes, bread puddings, and things of that nature. This was pure eating pleasure. I should've taken a picture of it, but after the first fork full, there wasn't much time until the last bite. If you are in the Twin Cities, it's worth finding for dessert. I've never been really impressed with anyting else they serve, except their fresh pizzas, but they are worth the trip for just the dessert. Other desserts I have enjoyed there are the lemon blueberry cheesecake, and the incredible cherry almond. I am luke warm on the raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and the two bites I have had of the black forrest cheesecake didn't distinguish themselve from other ones I have had elsewhere.

No comments: