Thursday, March 17, 2005

Knee pain and NCAA basketball

Last Fall I hurt my knee on a trip I took with Banana to Grand Marias, MN. We were walking out to the lighthouse just before sunset, and I slipped on a large rock we were walking upon. When I fell (the rock was at a pretty steep angle) I felt a pop in my right knee and I haven't been the same since. It stil hurts to squat down, it hurts to climb stairs or when I ride my bike. It is fortunately not an intense pain, but rather a constant reminder pain that says hey buddy, something's not right here. I would get it fixed, but I'm basically on the crappiest quality student insurance - the kind that is only useful when you need an amputation not an operation. Hopefully after I get married and we sort out our health insurance situation I can get it addressed.

I really enjoy March Madness basketball. This time of year it is hard to get anything else done, because there is always another interesting game coming on in just a few minutes. Currently I'm watching a 5 vs. 12 game, and the 12 is up by 12 pts. I really should be writing a paper, but I have lunch in the nukebox and I can't think on an empty stomach.

No comments: