Wednesday, March 30, 2005

All things change, all things remain the same...

Late last night after getting off of work, I found that I had a couple of urgent voice mail messages. The first was our youth pastor requesting I call him back ASAP, something important. The second was him again, explaining that he was resigning at the end of the week, and basically Wednesday night being the last time we'd be working together. This came as a surprize, and I wasn't quite sure what to think of it. In fact I still am not quite sure what to think of it. It puts me in a tough position, because by default everything reverts back onto me whether I want it or not. I haven't decided which way I feel on it. Something has to be done, and it'll be interesting to see how the church handles it. I've been previously burnt in some regards by this church, so I'm going to just wait and see. I think we have a great program going with our J-Hi and I think I can keep that momentum going. The C-Hi is another story, basically dead in the water because of a group of very apathetic students interested in a social club and not a ministry. There is a core of great students who are really suffering because the rest are so lukewarm.

No comments: