Saturday, May 30, 2009

Up - the movie


Tonight I met my wife in Faribault, MN to go to a movie. We decided "Up" was the best of the available options, and boy were we right!

I had heard it was good, but it far exceeded my expectations. I don't want to give the movie away, but it had romance, drama, tragedy, adventure, fantasy, comedy and has a great redemption story line. Keeping promises is a big theme, as is loyalty, friendship, and creativity.

There are some sad layers early on in the movie, but they are a great set up for the remaining 75% of action packed entertainment.

Disney Pixar has yet again hit a home run. This isn't surprising, but I am joyed that they can keep churning out high quality pictures with great story lines and excellent values - and be rewarded at the box office for those labors.

I would probably put the movie at 8 and above for an age range. There is some sadness and serious issues they address as the movie gets rolling, as well as some animated violence (though NOT graphically animated) that younger kids might be disturbed by.

Two thumbs up!

No comments: