Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A lot on my mind of late...

My mind has been swimming with thoughts the last few weeks. A lot of good stuff going on in my gray matter.

My first week preaching at First Congregational Church of Waseca will be Easter Sunday. Nothing like getting put into the game at crunch time! I'm really looking forward to it. What honestly could be more exciting? Not much that I can think of at this point. I have no idea how many visitors we'll have that week, so it'll be interesting to see if any keep coming back (or if they are all just friends and family visiting people for Easter). My plan is to bring it. Really bring it. I don't want to hold back. And that excites me. And scares me. In a good way.

I'm going to do a gospel presentation. I think it will be edifying as well as interesting. Two presentations that have really hit home with me in the last few years were Mark Driscoll's at Mars Hill Church last year and Bill Hybels' at the close of the 2006 Willow Creek Leadership Summit. Hybels presentation was influential on our Easter services at Crossroads Church in 2007.

I have been thinking about web sites and domain names for the church. I've gone ahead and parked myself on a domain name, though it may or may not long term be the domain for the church. It was available, so I grabbed it - wasecachurch.org -and I plan on putting together a simple web site via a blog to just get some static info up before Easter. Just in case someone is searching for a church that weekend. I have a friend who has volunteered to help us with an "official" web page once we get to that point. He's really talented with this kind of stuff, so when that day comes I'm going to take whatever he'll give!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: