Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Worship...

Today on the Sharper Iron blog, there is a terrific post about worship. It is a must read in my opinion, if nothing else, just for the great quotes. I'll whet your appetite with one from John Piper:

Missions in not the ultimate goal of the church. Worship is. Missions exists because worship doesn’t . . . Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more. It is a temporary necessity. But worship abides forever.
The idea of an eternity of worship is more than I can imagine. I realize we are to live a life of worship, but there is just something about a time in corporate worship that gives me a peace I can rarely find elsewhere. I know I can find it elsewhere, but no where else does it come as easily or frequently for me than during corporate worship.

1 comment:

Chris Meirose said...

You're welcome for the link. SharperIron.org has a lot of interesting stuff to read.

Big Chris