Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter with Banana-in-laws and more!

I had a great day of celebration of the ressurection of my Lord, Jesus Christ. I spent the day with Miss Banana. Church at Spring Lake Park Baptist, and then over to Banana's house for Easter Lunch. We took a walk in Battle Creek Park, and then watched a fantastic NCAA basketball game (double overtime!). I spent the rest of the evening doing some tasks around her house, installing some weather stripping, fixing the Briel expresso maker I gave her two Christmas' ago. Still have some projects to complete, the tapeing, mudding, sanding and painting of a section of a wall above a new door in the basement bedroom is probably the most involved of the upcoming projects.

Following the handyman work, we had a good discussion about how things are going, and where we are in our relationship. She's a great woman.

Started a new semester of classes today. I have a Preaching Practicum every Monday morning (man I hate Monday mornings...) with Dan Rotach. I have been the Preaching department's Teaching Assistant the past two years, and have gotten to know Dan and the process of the Practicum pretty well. The course is basically preaching of 4 sermons, 2 from Ephesians and 2 from Genesis. Should be fun. Our class is all men, and a couple of them will probably have fantastic sermons I suspect. I only hope to be in the top 3-4 of the class. We'll see.

No comments: