Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3 Rules to follow by Dhati Lewis

Learning from Dhati Lewis today.  One of the things he said that was really good was:

“…We believe the Gospel changes people, and people change the world. You see I really believe the reason why we don’t see more transformation is because we haven’t really been transformed and changed by the Gospel. We can speak it in theory. We can speak it in word, but we don’t really understand how to incarnate that thing in our heart. So the reality is that there’s this tension that we live in…You see I talk to my people and I tell them we have three rules in this church:

1. Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength
2. Love your neighbor as you love yourself
3. Do whatever else you want to do.

You see the reality is this, the restriction is in the first two. If we can show and model and teach people how to incarnate God’s love and embody it by loving other people then we don’t have to talk all the time. We don’t have to talk about the dos and the methods in which we spend most of our time. I really believe the apologetic of our day is authenticity. People really just want to see something that’s real, that’s genuine. They’re not looking for the polished person anymore. They want to see something that’s genuine and they can say “I want that! What you have is what I’m missing, what I need!”

No comments: