Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An interesting morning

Got a call from our day care provider that she is sick today. So I spent part of the early morning tracking down a place to take our son for the day. Thankfully someone had an opening so it will all work out. I suppose if I had to I could stay home and get some work done in the worst case scenario, but I pray I never have to do that. I love my son, but I would probably get very little done while watching him (which is what happens every Friday when I do take care of him all day.

Once that was taken care of, I realized I was abnormally hungry. So I dug through the cabinets in the kitchen and found a box of A Taste of Thai Peanut Noodles. These are microwavable noodles, so I thought I would give them a chance. They are surprisingly tasty! I got a real nice mouth warmth on the first bite that is still lingering 10 minutes after eating. The flavor is excellent! I am very impressed. The only thing that was not perfect is that due to the microwave the noodles get a bit gummy, but that is a very minor detail. I would also add more peanuts, but I understand that is a personal preference as well as a cost saving measure by the company. I'll be buying more of these for sure. 4 minutes in the microwave and top it with some protein and you'd have a great supper.

No comments: