Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sermon – Philippians 2:5-11 – Empty for

My Easter sermon is now posted at our church's web site - WasecaChurch.org (direct link HERE). Here's a tidbit to get you interested:

But Jesus offers us a joy that never ends. Here is something I didn’t understand before I came to faith, before Jesus got a hold of me and changed my priorities, before He showed me what I was trying to fill my emptiness with. What I now know is that every day I spend with Jesus is better than the day before. You could’ve told me that a thousand times, and I wouldn’t have understood you, until, that is, I came to see Christ as the only thing that would make me whole again. I tried my way, and failed time after time, I couldn’t fix me, I didn’t have what I needed. In the same way, the man throwing the wedding feast finds himself in the same spot – and so Jesus took water pots and transformed them from emptiness to amazingness. And he is still in that business today.


And yes, the word amazingness isn't a "real" word. I don't care. :-)

No comments: