Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sermon – Matthew 10:34-39 – Committed to Jesus

My sermon from today is posted at WasecaChurch.org.

Here's a taste:

Let me close today with some final thoughts from verse 39 – “Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” This is really everything I have been talking about in a nutshell. In this closing verse we are again reminded by Christ that he doesn’t want part, and he doesn’t even want just the best part. He wants it all. Whatever you have. Your business. Your family. Your friendships. Your fears. Your struggles. Your anger and hatred. When you give it all to him, when you let him be in charge of your whole life, when you lose yourself, then, and only then will you find yourself fully in Christ. He gave it all for you, and that is what we reflect on during this Lenten season, and he asks, will you do the same for me?

No comments: