Saturday, January 19, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

An interesting phenomenon of the internet is the crazy amount of information you can track about who visits your site. My blog has seen an increase of visits the past week or so, and I welcome you and appreciate your stopping by. Feel free to comment or just browse. I won't be posting much the next couple of days as I am putting the finishing touches on a sermon and will be preaching on Sunday.

I really enjoy preaching, though sermon writing can be a labor at times. One thing that I have found is that ever sermon I have written has really expanded me and my understanding of that passage of scripture. I've read through the Bible a number of times, but when you focus in on a verse for a sermon it really helps set that passage in your mind.

This weekend I'll be focusing in on Matthew 5:13 - You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. (NIV)

I am thankful for the chances I have had in the past couple of years to fill in as pulpit supply for various churches. I feel that process has helped me in preparing a sermon for a group of people who you don't know very well. I am really looking forward to this weekend. I know some about the church I will be preaching at, and I have talked with the search committee and a few other people. I'll know quite a bit more tomorrow night, and by Sunday we'll have met most everyone. It is an exciting and scary process.

I hope you have a great weekend! It is freezing here, or I should say something like 43 degrees below freezing according to my thermometer (-11 at the moment!). And the high tomorrow is projected at -1. Ahh...the joys of Minnesota winters...


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: