Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Candidating is a tiring process!

We had a great weekend (other than the fact it was mostly 40 degrees BELOW the freezing point most of the time)! My sermon went well, the people we met were very gracious and hospitable, and the town was livable.

I told the search committee that the thing I liked most about the situation is that there is potential. I really like that. They seem to be healthy, they are in a good place financially, they have a serviceable facility that is well kept.

And they liked us. I'm not surprised by that, but it is very nice to know. I think we would fit in pretty well, and I think they could learn from me and I could learn from them. The church has a good community/family atmosphere that I would love to build on.

A bit about the church - The church is 140 years old this year. This is actually the 2nd building because the first one burned down in the 50's (making this building over 50 years old). The church is as old as the town. It is just a couple of blocks from the main North-South street, and a block from the main East-West street, and is across the street from a school, so it has very good access for anyone in town.


So we are excited, and just a slight big awed, and a bit scared as well. This would be a big step in our lives, meaning major changes. We've wanted these changes, been training for this time, been looking forward to this time, but now that it is here it still seems to catch us a bit off guard. I suppose that is probably a good thing. Thank you all who were praying for me, it is deeply appreciated. I don't know that things could have gone much better all weekend other than perhaps a few more hours of sleep for us Saturday night. Praise God!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: