Monday, November 26, 2007

Boring Church - a question asked


For a while now, I have had in the side bar of this blog four of my bedrock beliefs. Recently a friend asked me about #4 - It is a sin to bore people with Jesus. I'll do my best to try to explain my thinking on that one.

God is the creator of all things. We have a God that exceeds explanation. Within that creativity we find nothing that should bring us boredom, especially not when it come to talking about His perfect son, Jesus Christ.

As Christians we are called to glorify and honor Christ. If we make Christ boring, if we do not use our God given creativity we dishonor Him. Following Christ is anything but boring if we follow Him as He calls us to. It is dangerous. It is full of risks and challenges. It is to live in a way that is different than our surrounding culture. It makes us aliens among men.

So making Christ boring, not utilizing all that we are gifted with, is short changing the ultimate Creator. Pursue Christ passionately. Share Him with joy and creativity!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: