Thursday, August 03, 2006

An interview of sorts today...


Today I met with a pastor of a church in Wisconsin for a preliminary interview. I got to hear how God is working in his life and church to reach out to the lost people in his community. It was refreshing to meet with a man with whom I share so much in regards to passions for the church and a desire to help people have a relationship with Jesus Christ. So frequently I fall into the trap of taking for granted the ways in which God is working to reach our world. God is working in amazing ways in this church, and if I can contribute to that in some way, I pray that God will use me. I am cautiously optimistic. If I am not the right person for the position, I have met a brother in Christ, a man on the front lines of the battle for the Kingdom. It never hurts to know men such as this. I put my faith and trust in God that He will lead all to the right decisions. But if it matters, I am really, REALLY interested in this church.

Milton, thanks for your prayers brother!

I also got new glasses this afternoon. I was really hoping they would arrive before my interview. I actually felt my cell phone vibrate while talking with the pastor this morning, and of course it was Pearle Vision saying my glasses were ready. I have been limping along with my old glasses for far too long. Their style is a bit dated, the frame is long past the time for need of replacement, and the lenses were remarkably scratched. So as I type this, my eyes are attempting to adjust to new correction. It's a bit disorienting, but the clarity from both the better prescription as well as not having thousands of tiny scratches on my lenses is remarkable.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Joey said...

Good luck with that! Wisconsin isn't bad. Grew up there, still live there (though I've drifted achingly close to my birthplace in St. Paul, MN, but I do still live in WI). High property taxes, but if you're renting, no worries there!

But as you know, those are the least of your concerns. I trust God will reveal His will for you!

Joey said...

Well, I'm sure God will guide you in all of those decisions. Considering that you've got links to 9 Marks, Desiring God, Grace to You, ESV Blog, and others, I'm guessing your head is screwed on a lot straighter than many others in today's theologically twisted world. Hopefully that means your heart is following your head, which is in turn following Christ's lead.

I wish you and your wife the best as you search for God's will!

Chris Meirose said...

Thanks Joey! As for having my head screwed on right, I attribute it to some good teachers/professors and just spending time in the Word. As I told the pastor I met with yesterday, when I read the Bible, this is what I really see it saying, and those ministries line up with what I have found in the Word of God. I'm far from the level of expertise or intelligence of many of the people leading those ministries, so I will submit to them for more nuanced theology. I get the big picture well, and am working my way down levels at this point.

Big Chris

Milton Stanley said...

You're quite welcome, Chris. I'm looking forward to seeing how things go. Peace.