Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Vocal Artistry workshop at Eagle Brook Church...

The following opportunity hit my mailbox yesterday. It's a great opportunity for worship leaders in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.

________________________________________

From Amy Anderson
EBCs Exec. Director of Worship

Dear Church Leader,

We recently contacted you to tell you about Eagle Brook's Relevance Conference, which will take place on Thursday, May 11. I wanted to tell you about an additional event coming up that weekend—one that your church's vocal teams may want to attend!

We're hosting a Vocal Artistry workshop for the Eagle Brook vocal team, and I wanted to extend an invitation to your church's vocal team, too. The event is on Saturday, May 13 from 9 am-1 pm. For cost and registration information, check out this flyer (pdf download).

It was back in 2000 when I first met Tim Carson, founder of Vocal Artistry, who at that time was Vocal Department Head at the Arts Center at Willow Creek. After receiving a personal voice lesson for myself, I invited him to come and provide training to our entire team. It was a great event! They walked away with new skills, new ways to stylize, an increased confidence, and it felt great to bring them some training that was so hard to find. I finally found a way to invest in them.

For many years I had been looking for someone who could coach our vocal team members in a way that benefited them as artists serving on our weekend worship teams at Eagle Brook. I didn’t want them to just learn singing techniques – which are typically choral in training – but more so to help them learn to sing and communicate their music in the style that we do on our weekends. Tim has helped them do that.

Next month, I'm bringing Tim back in to work with my vocalists (it's been a few years :)). He's hosting the workshop and is, himself, contacting local churches. But, I wanted to personally contact you and extend the invitation. In addition to the workshop that Tim is offering, I'm scheduling in a little mingle time for everyone who attends to connect. The workshop falls on the heels of our Relevance Conference, so I hope to continue that spirit of the local church community within our various artist teams.

I hope some of the folks from your team can make it. I would very much like to meet and connect with you.

Fell free to call me with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Amy Anderson
Executive Director of Worship Ministries
(email removed)
651.429.9227

Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: