Monday, February 20, 2006

Life gets in the way of blogging...

Yesterday my wife and I visited Wooddale Church, in Eden Prairie, MN (Leith Anderson's church). We did our pre-marital counseling there with Chad Erlenborn last Spring. Their newly-married couples Sunday school class is covering the subject of intamacy and we thought we might learn something. It was an excellent class, taught by a professor from Bethel College.

I spent the rest of the day working on papers that were due today. One paper was a long and difficult paper evaluating the church I have been part of for the past 3 years in how they are led and communicate. The church is a mess, and it was a difficult paper to write.

I have been applying to a couple of churches this past week. I sent in my resume to another local church, Bethlehem Baptist Church (John Piper's church) earlier today over the lunch hour. I'm not sure what my chances are at any of the churches I have applied at, but I'm stepping out in faith and trusting God to place me where He needs me.

One of the things that has been on my mind the past few weeks as I submit my resume to some local churches is that it’s not about pride and position, it’s about giftedness. I may want a certain position, but it might not be what God has created me for, nor what He intends for me. I think that thought needs to be examined deeply by all of us who are part of the body of Christ. Sometimes it's tough to come to grips with, but if we are serving in our giftedness we will be more effective.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: