Saturday, February 11, 2006

Applying for a job...

Yesterday afternoon I sent out my resume and a cover letter to a church in the area (Eagle Brook Church). I have long wanted to be a part of what is going on there on a day to day basis, but I've been waiting for what I felt like was a job that fits me well, and one that I am well qualified for. I don't want to just take a job that falls mainly outside of my gifting and what I feel is my calling. This job is exactly what I have been hoping would come along. There are a few things I would like to do, and among them are to be a Sr. Pastor, and Executive Pastor, and a Pastor of Small Groups. These are the things I feel most passionate about, and feel the most gifted in. There are other things I would also love to do, and the opportunity to be an Associate Pastor is also interesting. Now I have to wait and see what happens. For 3 years I've been praying for an opportunity, and while I don't know if this is what God has in store for me, I can be hopeful can't I? I trust in the end God's will is accomplished if I am not the person for the job, but it sure would be wonderful if this is where God has laid plans for me to be. Honestly, I'd be happy to be the janitor at Eagle Brook if they offered it to me (I actually enjoy physical labor of this sort), but I think God has trained me and shaped me for something else. If you have room on your prayer list, add a prayer for me that God's will would be done, and that if it pleases God, that this might be where he would have me serve next.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: