Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Electronics are some of the most important things...

Today I have begun the process of unpacking some of the things I own. I moved from an apartment into my wife's home the week of our wedding, and everything I own that I didn't take to Cancun on our honeymoon is in large plastic tubs and moving boxes. If you asked me to find something that I owned at the moment, I likely would be unable to do so. I have laundry in the wash because I don't know where my clean clothes are packed!

The first thing I set up today was my TV/VCR/DVD/Stereo set up. I didn't hook up all the speakers (yet), only the 2 Cerwin Vega floor speakers I have for my front channel. They sound great in this house, and I think I can get them loud enough to wake the neighbors if we want ;-) I generally don't listen to loud music though, as I abused my hearing enough earlier in life, I'm pretty protective of it now. It is so nice to have good sounding tunes again. The whole time (4 months) I lived in my previous apartment I didn't bother to hook up my stereo/VCR/DVD player.

I am struggling with the internet at the moment. We live across the street from a High School, and can at times get enough signal from their wireless system to be connected to the internet. But apparently that isn't possible during the period when they are in school. So I'm back to primitive access for the moment, using AOL dial up. I'm not sure how long I'll have access to AOL either, as the account is my church account, and we switched to MSN broadband the last week of December, and will be dropping AOL. I'd like to get high speed something, but not sure what at the moment. My wife has used US Family.net for the past couple of years and has been very happy with it. They do offer DSL, though I'd much prefer the cable modem and setting the house up with a wireless system. We'll see, but hopefully we can decide soon. Dial up is torture after many years of high speed wireless. I think high speed wireless will be the only way to go so that my wife and I can both be on the web at the same time.

I sure do like being married so far. The picture is from our visit to the ruins at Tulum, Mexico. The ocean was beautiful that day, as was my wife. I think if we did it again, we'd go to Chichen Itza for a whole day and skip Tulum. We spent 1/2 a day in Tulum, and 1/2 a day at Xel-Ha Eco-park, and we would have much rather spent the whole day at Xel-Ha. While snorkeling at Xel-Ha I saw a fish 3 foot long, 20 inches high, and it had teeth AT LEAST 3 inches long sticking out of it's mouth. Thankfully it didn't want anything to do with me. I had never snorkeled before, and discovered I really like it. I also discovered there is a pretty good learning curve to it. You nearly drown yourself a couple of times before you get it all figured out. I also learned that my mustache keeps the face mask from sealing properly. I shaved my goatee entirely off later in the trip when we were suppose to snorkel at El Garrafon on Isla Mujeres, but we didn't get to snorkel because of high winds that day.

No comments: