Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wedding shower and weather


Last night the low temperature got down to -7 degrees F, with windchills in the -20 range. The walk between my apartment and the seminary is 1/4 mile, and even being bundled up it was a very cold walk. Exposed skin is at risk of damage from freezing. I can only imagine what it's like to live near the Artic circle where this is the norm.

My church hosted a wedding shower for Banana and I last night. In spite of the cold there was a respectable turn out. I suspect some of the oldest members of the church chose to stay home (which I understand) but many others came to support us. It was a lot of fun, and we got a lot of really neat stuff. We played a quasi-Newlywed Game type of game with 3 other couples. All for couples tied, which was unexpected. The gifts and generosity of the church people were outstanding. It's definately one of the advantages of being part of a smaller church, where everyone knows everyone (to a degree), and feel the need or desire to support each other.

No comments: