Sunday, September 11, 2005

A day to remember...


Ground Zero 2006: Sunrise

That fateful day, 9/11 as it will always be remembered, I was talking to students a Mitchell Christian Elementary School about joining Cub Scouts when the first plane hit. At the time, nobody really knew the depth of what was going on, so I went about my morning, talking to all the different classes. I went home, having a bit of time before I had to be to my next school, and turned the TV on just moments before the second plane hit. I had to run to another school and talk to some more boys about Cub Scouts, but it was already clear that this wasn't an accident. it was difficult to be very "into it" when talking with the next group of boys, and everyone in the school office and teachers lounge were huddled around a TV watching what was going on. The day needs to be remembered for two reasons. First is the great human loss. Thousands of family were directly affected. My prayers go out to them as they continue on with their lives. The second reason this day cannot be forgotten is the threat of Islamofascists. Some Muslims claim their religion to be peaceful, but at it's core for many of it's followers, it is not. There certainly are peaceful Muslim people however.

No comments: