Thursday, June 09, 2005

Minnesota Twins and Johan Santana

Tonight the Twins put a spanking on the Arizona Diamondbacks in interleague play, winning 10-0. Johan Santana once again pitched a magnificant game, giving up only 4 hits (getting one hit himself) and no runs in a complete game shut out. Johan Santana is a stud. The Cy Young last year was just the tip of the iceberg for his career I think. It's hard not to like the guy, he works hard, isn't a glory hound, and simply plays and pitches in a way that honors the tradition of the game. I've been a lukewarm Twins fan since my first Twins game in 1985 at the Metrodome (Twins lost to the Brewers that day, Teddy Higuara (sp?) pitched for the Brewers). The current lineup of the Twins is very interesting to me. They work hard, do the small things, and regularly win games. I do hope they get a new stadium though. I don't go to their games, because I hate the Dome. Instead I go to St. Paul Saints games at Midway stadium, for much lower prices, more fun, and an enormously better atmosphere. Sure the Saints are low level minor leaguers, but I love them nonetheless. I've mentioned the Saints in previous blog posts, and anybody who wants to check it out, let me know and we'll catch a game.

Now back to my regularly scheduled blogging...

For those so inclined, I would appreciate your prayers for my father. He lost his job unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago, and is considering a few options. One of which is returning to the South Dakota State Penitentiary where he worked years ago. I got news tonight that a friend of mine, actually a former roommate, now has the job my father was terminated from. There are good and bad things to the State job, and it's a tough time in life to have lost his job. Pray for wisdom on his part, and God's guidance on the process.

No comments: