Thursday, May 26, 2005

An opportunity I'm looking forward to...

Justin Taylor of Between Two Worlds blog is offering the opportunity to review the new book "Sex and the Supremecy of Christ. I have taken him up on that offer and am really looking forward to reading this book. I previewed it a bit today, and am really excited for what it brings - a single resource covering many of the issues relating to Christianity and sexuality. There are a number of authors in on the writing of this, many of whom fall into my "favorites" category.

In a rather strange twist, I have received a couple of other books in the mail this past week, one a pre-release that wanted me to preview it and consider using it in my ministry and sharing it with others, and the other is a new Bible type by NLT. I primarily use the ESV Bible, but I do enjoy reading the NLT for times where I want to cover large chunks of scripture rather than deep theological reflection and scholarly study. I do usually preach from the NIV because that is the Bible the church I am at has chosen to use (most people have that version, the pew Bibles are that version). Before this last week I had never gotten books like this. It's interesting, and something I would enjoy if it kept happening in the future. I love books, and I love reading books. I don't know if I would want to do this as a profession, but would love to do a few a year in the years to come.

I will be blogging my thoughts on the forthcoming Sex and the Supremecy of Christ as a condition of my getting to review the book. I have high expectations for the book, and I expect it will meet or exceed those expectations.

No comments: