Thursday, March 24, 2005

TPT and Post Cards from Buster...

Just as I was browsing some blogs, a disclaimer by the director(?) of TPT came on warning that the next show would be the controversial episode of "Postcards from Buster" that highlights a lesbian couple raising three children. In the wake of the controversy assoicated with this episode the director of PBS decided to not seek a third term as head of PBS. PBS's statement has been that the two things are not related, but I'm not convinced. I believe the public outcry (from conservatives) against this episode was both proper and necessary and that taxpayer money should not be used to promote the homosexual agenda.

Speaking of taxes...I really need to get working on mine. I usually file in late January or early February, but obviously not this year. I've been too busy with school and wedding planning to get to it, but I need to get on it soon! I had an unpleasant relationship with the IRS a number of years back, where they were convinced I owed them money, when in fact they owed me money. The difference between the two numbers was significant, and they wouldn't understand why I wouldn't pay them. I began to get very severe and threatening letters after a few months, and I replied nicely to each one explaining their error. Finally it appeared they were going to take action, so I contacted my CPA and had him run the numbers and send them to the IRS a second time with the pertaining info and copies of my letters and my complaint of my treatment. 10 days later I received the money I had said all along they owed me. I don't mind paying taxes, as they provide many necessary things, but I do mind when the public servants forget they are servants.

No comments: